Stallings envisions a pedestrian-oriented urban form that will protect existing neighborhoods, while strategically locating multi-family housing and mixed-use densities.
- PROTECT and Enhance the Town’s Existing Neighborhoods
- PROMOTE a Resilient Transportation Network that Ensures the Broadest Level of Community Access to the Town’s Live, Work, Play Environment
- CREATE a Local Market that Supports Town Based Businesses and Employment
- DEVELOP a Comprehensive Open Space and Greenway System
- ESTABLISH Key Centers for Civic Life Throughout Stallings
The Concept Plan packages “development” into clusters that are designed to:
- foster an inter-connected network of streets, the ability to mix uses within clusters
- integrate with different uses in immediately adjacent clusters
- provide continuation of access to services and amenities for residents by foot or car that do not depend solely on the two exits planned along the expressway
The goal of the Concept Plan for Highway 74 is to capture and orient the inevitable development so as to benefit as much as possible the local residents of Stallings.
The goal of the Concept Plan is to focus the Town’s existing plans for development of parks and other recreational and gathering facilities into centers that connect with and support community-wide infrastructure.